HOW THE SALE WORKS
Animals are sold by the head, not by the pound.The floor price for that day will be announced at the sale.
As each animal is led into the ring the auctioneer will start the bidding.If you wish to bid on a particular 4-H member’s animal, raise your hand to signal the bid. Make sure a ringman or the auctioneer acknowledges your bid. The highest bidder buys the animal.
Once you purchase an animal you have the following options:
1. Custom Harvest
- You pay the full bid price
- Select your processor from the pre-defined list
- Livestock Committee delivers animal to the processor
- Contact the processor on Monday with cutting and packaging instructions
- You are responsible for picking up your meat and paying all processing costs.
- Enjoy your home raised meat
- Sale Committee will buy back the animal at market (floor) price
- You pay only the difference between the market price and the full bid price (your bid)
- No other arrangements are necessary
HOW To Purchase if you cannot attend:
If you would like to support the sale, but cannot attend the auction, please contact Patty Woodard at: (719) 439-2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If you wish to support the exhibitors but are unable to purchase an animal, you have the option to do “Add-On” money. With this option, you can add a set dollar amount to a specific exhibitor’s animal.
PAYMENT AFTER THE SALE
Payment is expected the day of the sale via cash, check, credit/debit cards.
Please make checks payable to: El Paso County Jr. Livestock Sale Committee
Each successful buyer will receive a buyer’s plaque, special edition hat, and a color picture of the 4-H member and animal for display in his/her business.In addition, Buyers of Grand and Reserve Grand Champions, in all species, will receive special plaques, pictures, and banners commemorating their purchases.