Essential Job Functions
***This position is for the El Paso County Fairgrounds in Calhan, CO***
Performs general clerical duties for the fair office and assists with various programming during the County Fair.
- Provides excellent customer service to fair customers and assists County employees, board members and volunteers.
- Answers phones, greets visitors and answers customer inquiries or refers to the appropriate personnel.
- Performs general office duties including data entry, filing and retrieving documents and typing and preparing communications for review.
- Assists with creative arts, car show, contests and other programming during the County Fair.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively with County employees and the general public.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including a computer, fax machine and multi-line telephone.
- Must be able to work long hours, evenings and weekends for the duration of the fair.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation and drug screen.
Work is performed in an office environment and outdoors, sometimes in high volume stressful situations. May be required to work long hours, evenings and weekends. This is a temporary position not to exceed five (5) months.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER