Would you like to be a key ambassador for the
El Paso County Fair?
Seeking young ladies that are residents of El Paso County, that are between 18 and 22 years of age, at least a senior in high school and never married to serve as the Fair Queen.
• Multiple scholarship opportunities
• $1,000 budget for Queen Program expenditures (Clothing & Travel)
• Seasonal use of Chaps,Tiara and Serape for parades
• Hostess of Queen’s Luncheon at the Fair
• Resume building experiences
• Board of County Commissioners Recognition
• Excellent networking opportunities through television and radio appearances
• Public speaking events and parades
• Appearances at major community events (Territory Days, Pikes Peak or Bust Parade, Street Breakfast, Spirit Mixer)
• Ambassador for the El Paso County Fair affords the Queen to attend all major Fair events
as well as being present at 4-H and FFA shows to present awards
• Photo opportunities/ autograph sheets
Four Contest Categories
1. Application: Content and presentation.
2. Public Speaking: Contestants should be prepared to introduce themselves and present a promotional message for the El Paso County Fair. Not to exceed 3 minutes.
3. Horsemanship: Contestants must bring a horse and be prepared to execute a riding pattern and answer questions from the judges in the arena.
4. Interview: Each contestant will have a personal interview with a panel of judges.
Applications are also available at:
El Paso County Fairgrounds
366 10th Street Calhan, CO 80808 (719) 520-7880
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm